Click on a class below to begin the enrollment process:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: This is PART 1 of the Advanced Cardiac Life Support course which is completed Online. After you successfully complete this course, you must call us to setup a skills practice and skills test to get your certification card. You will receive the same certification card as the in-person course.
HeartCode® ACLS is an official, self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program from the American Heart Association (AHA). HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 uses eSimulation technology to present realistic patient scenarios. Students are presented with a team dynamics lesson, 10 ACLS hospital-based case scenarios, and a written exam. While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on ACLS guidelines, and provide treatment. Successful completion of Part 1, the cognitive component, and Parts 2 and 3, skills practice and testing with an AHA ACLS Instructor or a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system, meets the requirements for obtaining an AHA ACLS Provider course completion card.
At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
This course offers continuing education credits for physicians (ACCME/AMA), nurses (ANCC), pharmacists (ACPE), and EMS Practitioners (CECBEMS).
This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. HeartCode programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
1. Complete an Instructor Candidate Application for your local Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course. Find a local Training Center.2. Have current AHA provider status in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS® and Heartsaver®.3. Successfully complete the discipline-specific Instructor Essentials online course, and print the course completion certificate.4. Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course.5. Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months after completing the Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring.Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through our public website.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: This is PART 1 of the BLS for Healthcare Providers course which is completed Online. After you successfully complete this course, you must call us to setup a skills practice and skills test to get your certification card. You will receive the same certification card as the in-person course.
Students will learn single-rescuer and team basic life support for adults, children and infants through 5 interactive exercises, scenarios and a written test. Navigation controls allow students to move easily through content as they learn how to recognize life-threatening emergencies, provide high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilation and provide early use of an AED. Course also teaches relief of choking.
This self-paced course is accessible anytime from any computer. Students can access the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual, BLS Pocket Reference Card and more for 24 months.
This course may be used for initial or renewal BLS for Healthcare Providers Course completion.
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course is a self-directed eLearning course designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction. Like the classroom-based course, it uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, "Make a PACT, Know How to Act," to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course was designed for anyone with a reasonable chance for occupational exposure in workplace settings such as industry and manufacturing, Fortune 1500 companies, occupational health, property management, hospitality, security, and health and fitness staff. In addition, childcare workers, school personnel, maintenance workers, tattoo artists, and state corrections facilities may be interested in the course due to additional state regulations.
F e a t u r e s
• Available online, with simple course registration
• Interactive activities and video demonstrations of skills
• Provides participation certificate once student has finished all modules
• No skills test or skills demonstration session required
• Online course evaluation
B e n e f i t s
• Convenient, flexible option for those who prefer taking an online course
• Online content allows students to take the course at any time at home or work, and at their own pace
• New course offering from the trusted leader in workplace training makes the American Heart Association the complete resource for companies looking to meet first aid, CPR, AED, and bloodborne pathogens training needs
• Takes approximately one hour to complete online portion
• Can be taken for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: This is PART 1 of the Heartsaver CPR AED course which is completed Online. After you successfully complete this course, you must call us to setup a skills practice and skills test to get your certification card. You will receive the same certification card as the in-person course.
Heartsaver CPR AED Online is a self-directed course that uses interactive lessons and videos to teach you CPR, AED and choking knowledge. This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs an AHA course completion card. You will learn:
CPR instruction includes high-quality compressions, airway management, breathing, and how to use a mask.
Once you begin the course, you’ll have access to the online lessons, videos, manuals and resources for 2 years! And you can start and stop the course at your convenience until you have finished it at your own pace.
Successful completion of the full Heartsaver CPR AED Course includes three (3) parts:
After you successfully complete all 3 parts, you will receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Online Part 1 is a Web-based, self-directed course. The course teaches students critical skills and knowledge needed to respond to and manage a first aid or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Content includes how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies, as well as perform CPR and use an AED.
• Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care• First aid basics• Medical emergencies• Injury emergencies• Environmental emergencies• Adult CPR and AED use• Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR• Optional written test
• Can be completed at work, home or wherever Internet access is available• Can be used for initial or renewal training• Includes interactive exercises and videos• Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been sucessfully completed• Includes online access to the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook• Students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of their course key
HeartCode PALS Part 1 (#90-1420) is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children.
This program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support. After completing Part 1, students practice and test their skills with an AHA PALS Instructor.
Upon successful completion of all parts of the course, students receive an AHA PALS course completion card, valid for two years.
HeartCode PALS Part 1 is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card and are seeking an alternative (nonclassroom) method for completing an initial or update PALS course.